Saturday 26 September 2015

Some of the New Work

I have some of the new paintings documented and uploaded on this post. I haven't uploaded them to my website yet though, there's more of a glare on some of them than I thought originally so I'm going to re-shoot a few of them.

Some of the newer pieces were much more still life based work and focus more on trinkets that are sometimes associated with the figures of folklore. They also served as a way to introduce new figures to the work at a later stage.

Some of the paintings proved more difficult than others to photograph, I won't need to document all of them again but there are 3 of the 5 pieces shown here that I'll re-take. The bottom painting, To Sing or Whistle, is gone into the Laois County Collection.




A Silver Shilling or Golden Ashes, Oil on Canvas, 20cm x 17cm, 2015




Merely on a Spree, Oil on Canvas, 26cm x 18cm, 2015




Possessor of Great Riches, Oil on Canvas, 34cm x 28cm, 2015




Red, Oil on Canvas, 17cm x 16cm, 2015




To Sing or Whistle, Oil on Canvas, 56cm x 41cm, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment