Friday 11 May 2012

Artist in School Scheme 2012

I applied for the Artist in School Scheme a few months back and my application was successful. On Monday the 23rd of April I started work at Clonenagh NS, Mountrath. It was mostly painting exercises early in the week which lead towards more completed pieces.

The Schedule:

Monday: Color Wheel & Complementary Colors

Tuesday: Warm and Cool Color & Shading Execises

Wednesday: Negative Space & Free Sculpture

Thursday: Still Life Drawing/Painting and Free Drawing/Painting

Friday: Portraiture & Conclusion of Sculpture

This work was done with Junior Infants - 4th class over 20 hours. I was asked by the Principle of the School would I work with 5th and 6th class too within the 20 hours so I  went back the following week for 8 hours extra (the school was closed on the Friday) to give them as much time, almost, as the younger classes. Because they only had a 4 day week I tried to get more work done each day to make up for having the Friday off.  

Monday: Color Wheel & Complementary Colors

Tuesday: Warm and Cool Color & Shading Execises

Wednesday: Negative Space & Free Sculpture

Thursday:  Portraiture & Conclusion of Sculpture

I think it went very well there was one day when 5th and 6th class didn't want to go out for lunch, they wanted to keep working.




























Since the workshops finished I've been asked by the school to paint a mural on the wall outside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment